Guide on how broadcast the ZenFone 5 Lite screen to the TV. Wireless screen mirroring (also called screencasting or Miracast) is a very useful and convenient feature that allows you to protect your phone’s contents like exciting racing games and movies on TV or PC to get a better cable-free viewing experience.
To share media, you need to establish an active Wi-Fi connection. To play or copy multimedia files to/from other devices (eg Computer, TV, etc.), they must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and you may need to configure them for sharing. Consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer of the equipment for assistance.
You may need a Miracast-enabled HDTV or a wireless display adapter for connecting ZenFone 5 Lite to the TV. A wireless adapter can be purchased from any store.
For assistance with setting up a Google Chromecast device, refer to this page and to this other page.
Some apps (e.g. YouTube, Netflix, etc.) support viewing the contents of the app on a remote screen. Within the app, touch the cast icon, then select the desired view from the list.
Cast the ZenFone 5 Lite screen to the TV via Miracast
Follow these steps to view the entire screen content on the TV.
- On the TV, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to activate screen mirroring. If you use an AllShare Cast dongle, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to activate the device.
- From a Home screen (on the device), go App icon > Settings > Other.
- Tap Play on (Miracast).
- Touch the menu icon (located at the top right).
- Tap Enable wireless display. Enabled when there is a checkmark. A list of compatible devices is displayed.
- Touch a device to start casting.
- When connected, the device screen is displayed on the TV.
How to connect ZenFone 5 Lite to the TV using Google Chromecast
Then there is the Google Chromecast. This device will allow you to stream content from your Android smartphone or tablet directly to the TV. All you have to do is install the app Google Home, which you will find for free in the Play Store and connect the Chromecast to the port HDMI the TV.
In the Google Home app menu, select Cast Screen / Audio, therefore tap the blue button, then select the device you want to connect to.
Alternatively, some devices have a Cast button in the quick settings panel, found by scrolling down from the top of the device screen. If the Cast option is not available, you may be able to add it to the quick settings in your phone’s options.
Share photos, videos or music from your ZenFone 5 Lite
- From the Home screen, go up App icon > Settings > Other.
- To touch Digital Media Server (DMS).
- Touch the DMS switch to activate or deactivate. If a Permissions pop-up appears, tap ALLOW. If a pop-up for Wi-Fi connection appears, review the warning, then tap OK to continue.
- In the “Select media types for sharing” section, tap one of the following options to allow: Music, Photos or Videos.
- From the “Advanced settings” section, select where to share the files: Internal shared memory or SD card
The right app can help
Free streaming apps like “iMediaShare – Photos and music” they are useful. They allow you to transfer photos, videos and music from your ZenFone 5 Lite on TV or tablet to Smart TV or other DLNA-enabled devices, such as audio systems and set-top boxes.
With iMediaShare, you can select by file type and even play videos in automatic succession on your TV. Another option is to install Android apps on the TV itself.