How to enable double tap always on display OnePlus
Despite OxygenOS of OnePlus is a perfect example of a customized Android user interface, lightweight and minimalist, also possessing excellent management of RAM and app, sins still lack some useful features.
One among these is the double-tap to wake, missing out on any version of OxygenOS in OnePlus devices. The functionality is very useful and convenient to immediately wake up the display, and you can view information such as the time and notifications. There is, fortunately, a way to get this functionality on your device manufactured by the Chinese house.
The feature allows you to take advantage of the double-tap in the ambient display, then you must enable the latter to be able to use them.
OnePlus: how to get the double-tap feature
To enable double-tap on your OnePlus 7, you have to do is :
- Download the apk file AOD DoubleTap Mod from this page by clicking on “app-release.apk” ;
- Once the file is downloaded, move it to the internal memory of your smartphone OnePlus;
- Through the use of any file manager yourself in the apk location and tapping the icon of the latter, installation. Enable installation from unknown sources by security settings, but on occasions the phone prevents you install;
- Once the installation process, go to Settings> Accessibility Options and enable the toggle OnePlus AOD DoubleTap Mod ;
- Enable now the option Tap the screen to show on Settings> Display> Ambient Display ;
- After enabling the option, you will be able to wake your phone by tapping twice on the screen.
- Recall that the double-tap will only work if on your OnePlus will have enabled all’ always-on display. You will also be able to change some settings of the app, you will find in the app drawer.