How to hard reset Alcatel A5 – restore it to the original factory settings?
If your Alcatel A5 phone is crashing or has lost the design it had before, it may be time to do a factory reset. There are three ways to restore Alcatel A5 settings. You decide to format it off using the buttons, reset it on by accessing some options in the settings or choose to perform a remote reset using the Google account associated with the phone.
In some cases, you can resolve such situations by restoring your phone to the factory default. However, we remind you that all settings you have made and all data will be erased. Choose between the methods, which one is the best and easiest for you.
Important! All data will be erased using any of the methods below. It is recommended that you make a backup of the files you do not want to delete first.
Attention! If you are selling, exchanging, or donating your phone, first remove your Google account. This will allow the current owner to add their own account, otherwise, the device will be blocked.
Resetting Alcatel A5 phone
The factory reset method made by the settings is one of the most used by users of Alcatel Android phones. There are only a few steps and the device will be reset in a very short time. See the steps below.
1 – From any screen on your Alcatel A5 phone, slide down the status bar and tap on “ Settings ” (gear icon).
2 – On the phone’s settings screen, tap the “ Backup and restore ” option to proceed to the next step.
3 – Now tap on the option “ Restore factory data “.
4 – Observe in the description what will be deleted from the phone. If you are aware of the effects, tap on the “ Restore phone “ button below.
5 – To start the factory reset, touch ” DELETE ALL “.
Wait a few minutes for the Alcatel A5 Led Duos to be restored to its factory configuration. To get your phone ready for use, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
Alcatel A5 hard reset (switched off by buttons)
This method should be used if the user no longer remembers the phone’s drawing / PIN/pattern lock password. Follow these steps to hard reset your Alcatel A5.
- Turn off the Alcatel A5 and wait a few seconds. Then press and hold the Volume Minus buttons and the On / Off button.
- When the “ Alcatel ” logo appears on the screen, just release the Power button and continue holding the Volume Minus button until you see the “ Android Recovery “ menu. Then you can release this key.
- Now with the Volume Minus button, navigate to the “ Portuguese ” language and then press the On / Off button to confirm.
- On the next screen, select the “ Data wipe/factory reset ” option using the Volume Minus button and then press the Power button to confirm.
- Moving on, now select the option “ Yes – delete all user data ” and confirm again with the On / Off button. Wait to delete everything.
- Back in the home menu, press the Power button to confirm the “ Restart system now “option.
Note: The process can take several minutes, during this period do not press any button. When the “Welcome” screen appears, follow the instructions to complete the setup.
Resetting Alcatel A5 remotely (with Google account)
This feature is commonly used when the device is lost or stolen. To protect our data, we erase everything remotely from our account. But you can also use it as an alternative way to reset your device. Before starting the steps, be aware that this method will only work if the user knows the correct email and password data. The Google account must be the same as the one currently associated with the phone.
- First, activate the location of your Alcatel A5.
- Open the Google Chrome browser, type ” Find my phone ” in the search box and tap ” Search “.
- Tap on the first displayed result “ Find your smartphone – Google Account “.
- You will now be taken to a page where you will have to select your phone by model.
- On the next screen after choosing your device, tap ” CLEAR DEVICE ” on the left side menu.
- Then tap the ” CLEAR DEVICE ” button, log in to the Google account linked to your Alcatel A5.
- In the pop-up that opens, tap ” Clear ” to confirm.
- Note that the phone is automatically restarted to start the procedure.
- The rest of the process is similar to the other methods.
- Just wait for it to finish and then set up your phone.
Did you see how easy it was to reset the Alcatel A5 by Google account? Simple, without heating your head and without making any additional effort.