How to pair the Redmi Airdots 2S
Check out in this tutorial how to pair, connect or sync the Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2S (Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S) with your phone. Learn about the main features and characteristics, see how to check the battery charge level, and find out what the buttons do.
The Redmi Airdots 2S is very similar to its predecessor the Redmi Airdots 2 (Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2). With few modifications and almost with the same basic functions as the previous model, the Redmi Airdots 2S plays and pauses songs/audios, answers and rejects calls, and opens the virtual assistant when requested. However, for these functions to work correctly, you will need to pair them with your cell phone first. Below, you’ll find the steps to connect it with Xiaomi phones or devices from other brands.
Pairing the Redmi Airdots 2S with a Xiaomi phone
The Redmi Airdots 2S has a Bluetooth 5.0 version to allow pairing with other devices. The connection can be made with smartphones, TVs, computers, and notebooks This is perhaps the simplest method to connect the Redmi Airdots 2S with a cell phone, as long as you have one of the specific Xiaomi models (Mi 9, Pocophone x3, and others). Follow the steps below:
Step 1: First of all, check if the phone’s Bluetooth is activated. Then, open the lid of the box (charging box). Do not remove the headphones from the case and leave the phone close.
Step 2: A pop-up with the description “ Find Earbuds ” will open on the screen of your Xiaomi phone. Touch the ” Connect ” button.
Step 3: The status ” Connecting … ” will be visible, wait to find the Xiaomi Redmi Airdots 2S headphones.
Step 4: When the pairing between the devices is ready, information about the charge levels will be displayed, both for the headphones and their charging box. Touch “ Done ” to finish.
It was very simple, right? Both phones are now in sync with your phone.
How to connect the Redmi Airdots 2S on any cell phone?
As explained above, not all Xiaomi phone models activate the pop-up to connect the headphones, but you can manually pair with any phone model or brand by following the steps below:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your cell phone (enable if it is not activated).
- Open the cover of the headset charging box.
- Go back to the cell phone’s Bluetooth screen and tap “Redmi Airdots 2S” or “Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S” in the found devices section.
- Finally, tap on “Pair” or “Connect” to synchronize.
How to use Redmi Airdots 2S?
Redmi Airdots 2S headsets are multifunctional and allow users to perform different operations after pairing.
- Phone calls – tap once to answer/end a call
- Listen to music – tap once to play or pause.
- Call virtual phone assistant – double-tap to open.
- Activate Game Mode – tap three times to enable or disable the function.
Battery level and charging:
The charging box LED is red when the headphones are being charged and white when they are 100% charged. Use only 5V / 2 ampere chargers ( do not use turbo adapters ).
Below are the main features and changes:
- Charging box with type “C” input and capacity to generate up to 20 hours of recharges.
- The headphones have autonomy of up to 5 hours when they are fully charged.
- The controls are touch (touch-sensitive button). In previous versions, there were models with mechanical buttons (clicks) which ended up giving a problem due to wear.
- Gaming Mode function to reduce the sound delay about the game – decrease the delay between the handset and the phone.
- The distance to keep the headphones connected to a device remains approximately 10 meters.
- IPX4 resistant to water splash and sweat.
Comment below if the content of this tutorial helped or did not solve your problem. If you have any questions, please contact us using our form.