Modern smartphones have eliminated the need to keep a paper copy of a document. But if there’s something you need to print, even Android smartphones let you do it. Unlike computers, smartphones are highly portable and using them to print photos or documents can make you less hassle.
Printing from an Android smartphone is pretty simple, even if it may seem complicated at first. So, as always, here you will find all the information you need. Here are the different ways you can print from your Android device
How To Print Any Document From Android Phone
1. Google Cloud Print
The simplest method is to use the Google Cloud Print function, which is integrated into most Android smartphones. However, for this method, you will need to download the Google Cloud Print app . Before you start printing from your Android smartphone, you will need to add your printer to Cloud Print. Here’s how:
- First, make sure the printer is connected to the PC or Mac on the same network. So, go to the Google Chrome browser and press the hamburger button at the top right and go to the ” Settings “.
- On the Settings page, scroll down and click on ” Show advanced settings “. Then, look for a subtitle called “Print” and tap the Google Cloud Print option.
- Now press on the “Manage Cloud Print Devices” option to open an expanded menu.
- Here the printers connected to the same WiFi network of the user and available for registration will be listed. Select the printer you want to connect to and click ” Add new printers “.
Note: make sure the printers are added in Cloud Print using the same Google account that you use on your Android device because only then will the printer be synchronized with your device.
- Once done, the printer will automatically be added to your Google account and you will see it on the “Google Cloud Print” app on your Android device.
Steps to print documents from an Android device
- Open any image or document you want to print on your Android device. Press the button with three dots at the top right and select ” print “.
- The file will then be uploaded to the Cloud Print app. Then use the drop-down menu from the top and select the printer from which you want to print. Touch the printer icon and the document or image will be printed.
2. Official printer app
You can also use the official printer app of your particular printer to print a document or image via WiFi. This is definitely a great way if you don’t want to go through the hassle of manually adding printers via Google Chrome. First, you will need to download the app of your printer or the plug-in of the printing service that enables the printer in the Android print menu.
In my case, as you can see, I downloaded the Kyocera app. You can search for apps for different producers on the Play Store. Here are some of the popular ones:
- HP: HP print service plug-in
- Epson: Epson iPrint or Epson Print Enabler
- Canon: Canon PRINT Inkjet / Selphy or Canon Print Service
- Samsung: Samsung Mobile Print Manager or Samsung Print Service Plugin
After installing the appropriate app for your printer, you will need to make sure that your Android device and your printer are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Using the USB or Bluetooth cable
You can also connect your printer via a USB or Bluetooth cable, however, you will need a printer that supports both parameters. All the latest Android phones support a USB connection to printers. But if you’re using an older device, you’ll need to download a third-party app like PrintHand to connect with a USB printer.
Note: To connect the phone to a printer via USB, you need a USB 2.0 printer cable and USB OTG cable. They are available in online and offline stores or you can buy it from us.
If your printer supports Bluetooth, you can use your Android phone to print the document directly or use PrintHand to establish a connection using a similar method.
Have you tried printing from your Android device?
We really like CloudPrint because it’s natively integrated with Android, but if you’re looking for a complete solution, we recommend using the official app of your printer.
Well, these are definitely the best ways to print any document or image directly from your Android smartphone or tablet, so if you’ve never tried to print from your Android device, you should! Let us know if you have problems, as we are always available to help you.