How to install Android 10 on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro
With great surprise, a few hours after the official release of Android 10 by Google, OnePlus has released an Open Beta version of the OxygenOS based precisely on the new version of the green robot operating system.
The new OxygenOS goes, as usual, to combine the best of the stock user experience with a series of useful and slightly invasive customizations, which make this UI one of the best in the Android field.
The new OxygenOS, although it is still in development and is made available in Open Beta version, it seemed to us to be quite stable, almost ready for everyday use and, therefore, we decided to create this simple guide to help you in the process installation of the new OxygenOS also on your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro.
INSTALL OXYGEN OS WITH ANDROID 10 ON ONEPLUS 7 AND ONEPLUS 7 PRO
The procedure itself is very simple. However, given the experimental nature of the software that we are going to install on our smartphone, we recommend that you make a full backup of the same, in order to avoid unexpected data loss.
- xsfirmware and its Staff do not assume any responsibility in case of damage and/or brick of the device.
In order to install the ROM on our device, simply follow the steps below carefully:
- Download the .zip file containing the updated firmware corresponding to your device – link for OnePlus 7 – link for OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Move the .zip file you just downloaded to the root (main folder) of the internal memory of your device.
- Open the settings and go to the Software Update menu, by first clicking on System and then Software Update.
- In the software update menu, tap on the gear at the top right and choose Local update.
- Select the .zip file you just downloaded.
- Wait for the update to install.
Once the new update is installed, wait for the device to restart and, with great surprise, you will find onboard the new version of Android, customized and optimized for your OnePlus device.