install Google services on MIUI 12.5 (Chinese ROM)
Xiaomi is one of the great references when it comes to buying a phone with great value for money. And if you buy it directly from China, you can find some great offers. Although also more of an unnecessary headache.
We recommend you read our guide on whether it is a good or bad idea to buy Xiaomi in China, in summary, there is a small problem: as of version 12.5 of MIUI, phones with the Chinese ROM do not include Google services. Not all phones you buy from China come with the Chinese ROM.
If you have bought a mobile that comes with MIUI 12.5, we are going to tell you the steps to follow to install Google services on your Xiaomi.
How to install Google services on MIUI 12.5 Chinese ROM
It should be remembered that MIUI 12.5 is reaching more and more terminals, including the company’s flagships (Xiaomi Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, and Mi 11) among other terminals.
But of course, users of a Xiaomi phone with the Chinese ROM will no longer be able to enjoy Google services (GMS), which include YouTube, Gmail, Google Play, and more essential applications for many of us.
Luckily, the process is very easy, as you can see in the video that heads these lines. Although we will give you a summary so that you have it clearer. Of course, keep in mind that this tutorial to install Google services in MIUI 12.5 is only valid for terminals with Qualcomm processors from the Snapdragon 800 series (855, 865, and 888).
- Open your Xiaomi phone settings.
- Look for the Accounts and sync option.
- Look for the Google Basic Services option and click on the option to enable it.
- Add a new Google account by clicking Add corresponding account.
- Enter the username and password to access your Google account.
- Go back to the main page and you will see that the Google Play Store icon now appears.
- Finally, enable the applications that are part of Google services, as they will be disabled by default.
As you may have seen, the process is extremely easy, so you will not have any problem enjoying Google services on a phone with MIUI 12.5 in its Chinese version.