With the level of home automation growing every day and technology constantly evolving, household chores that were once time-consuming and complicated, are now performed without the least effort. So, if you are one of those people who have an Amazon Echo or similar (with Amazon Alexa built-in) and an Xbox Series, you can use several commands on your Xbox.
The most normal is that you use the gamepad to turn on the console or, if you turn it off, you can even press the button to turn it on, but sometimes you want to prepare the ignition while doing other things, where the voice command will be You provides great help. Being able to open the Xbox while performing other operations can be very useful, so in this article, we’ll show you how to do that with the help of Alexa. But first, we will point out the requirements to complete the process.
What is necessary?
In addition to the obvious presence of the Xbox Series X or Series S, you also need a device with built-in Alexa. In that case, you can use any Amazon Echo, Sonos speaker, Smart TV, or any other device that has Alexa built-in. This is what you need:
- Xbox Series X or Series S
- Devices with built-in Alexa
- Xbox Skills
- Set your Xbox to quick launch mode
The last point is very important because if we do not configure the console in quick start mode, the wizard will not be able to locate it on the network, so when we want to turn it on from the beginning, the feature will not be available.
To activate QuickStart, you will have to go to the Menu, then General > Power mode, and start > Power mode. Here you can choose the quick start mode, although you should remember that in this mode, the console will remain idle and consume more.
Activating the assistant function on the Xbox Series
To activate, we will have to return to Settings > Device and connection > Digital Assistant, and then activate the option “Activate remote function”.
After enabling this feature, the Alexa skill will see the console and we will activate it in the next step. Therefore, your console will already respond to the commands we send from the Alexa device.
Installing Xbox skills on your Amazon Alexa profile
After the console is ready to accept requests, Alexa, who tells Alexa what the Xbox is. For this, it is necessary to install the official Skill, in this case, just open the Alexa app on the phone and visit the “Skills and games” section. To do this, do the following:
- Visit the “Skills and games” section of the “More” section
- Look for the “Xbox” skill by typing the name in the search field.
- Installation skills
- Click the Configure button
- You must be logged in as a Microsoft user to grant permission to control the Xbox (you must use the same user used to log in).
After completing these steps, you will be able to control the Xbox with your voice, so you only need to learn the available commands.
Alexa commands to use on the Xbox Series
With the skills already configured, you must issue commands to the Xbox and, for that, you will have to learn the commands that will activate the process. The normal situation is that you think that using the command “Alexa, open Xbox” will open the console, but unfortunately, this will not work because the wizard will think that you are activating the skill and will encourage you to start with several command suggestions. To do this, you will need to define the name of the console, such as “Alexa, open Xbox Series X”.
However, there is a more accurate way to always get it right the first time, which is the magic word ” Alexa, tell Xbox … ” or ” Alexa, ask Xbox … “. In this way, the assistant will always reach the goal, and the console will respond as quickly as possible. These are some commands that you can execute.
- Alexa, tell Xbox to turn on (make sure instant power on the console is turned on).
- Alexa, tell Xbox to hang up.
- Alexa, tell Xbox to start Netflix
- Alexa, tell Xbox to start Forza Horizon n 4 (turn on the console, log in and start the game).
- Alexa, tell Xbox to pause (while playing a video on Xbox).
- Alexa, tell Xbox to restart.
- Alexa, tell Xbox to turn up the volume.
- Alexa, tell Xbox to turn down the volume by XNUMX.
- Alexa, tell Xbox to record.
- Alexa, tell Xbox to start a group.